Monday, August 24, 2009

What's Up Doc?


Well, my doctor friend/tennis buddy is at it again. Lately it seems that whenever the temperature hovers around 90 (which has been the past 3 weeks or so) and the humidity exceeds all civilized levels, that's always the time she calls to set up a match. I bagged out last week but if I bag out too much she'll find a new tennis buddy - and I can't let that happen. So we're on for this evening at 6:00. The mosquitoes have already made their dinner reservations for the same hour at court 4. As I am the larger and slower moving of the two of us, I will be the main course - unless sweat and massive BO act as a repellent. Film at 11. At least if I stroke out she can tend to me while we wait for the paramedics.

I have been working out even harder than before since being told of the hiatal hernia. I had hubby look up the causes and resolutions online as I'm far too suggestible to read medical documentation of any kind - always assuming that I have every side effect listed. I keep forgetting - does suggestibility imply intelligence or inbreeding? Anyway, hubby's findings back up what the doctor's office told me: the FAT from my abdominal area has pushed organs and other bits to places where they don't belong. If I lose the FAT, everything should return to their normal positions. Just great - a chinese fire drill going on in my GI tract.

I have also been keeping my eating at night to a bare minimum as acid reflux is another spin-off of this lovely condition. Maybe it will help speed the weight loss along. I have been stuck at just above 200 for eons and really want to break through to the 190s in the worst way. I have also decided to weigh myself once a month - at the end of the month - so as not to lose focus from a bad number or improperly calibrated scale (usually the latter).

Hope you all had a great weekend. Happy Monday!

15 comments:

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

I hope that your stomach feels all back to normal before long! Anytime I have any symptom I find myself doing internet research. Sometimes I scare myself to death!

You will be in the 100's soon! That was a wonderful day when I broke out of the 200's! You can do it!

StarvingBitch said...

Oh yeah my mom had a hiatal hernia, not fun. She basically cut out all spicy foods, pretty much lived on boiled chicken for awhile and didn't eat past like 6pm for fear of when she would lay down at night. She did lose quite a bit of weight of course.

Good luck! Hope it gets better soon.

Hanlie said...

Good luck with the tennis!

The hernia doesn't sound like much fun... I'm surprised I don't have one.

Shelley said...

Your hiatal hernia/acid reflux diet sounds a lot like my gallbladder attack diet...not fun, but hey - you DO lose weight! Hope you feel better soon...I don't envy what you are going through at all.

Have fun with the tennis tonight - can you have someone videotape it for our internet enjoyment? Sending you "no mosquito" vibes!

Patty said...

Looking forward to the 11:00 recap. I must have missed the news about the hiatal hernia...sorry to hear that you are in pain, and hope it goes away, along with a few pounds to break through the barrier!

VRaz60 said...

News at 11? That's a little late for me, could we make it 10? Sorry about the hiatal hernia. I know they are no fun to deal with, so I am hopeful that your impending drop into the 100's will ease the pain for you.

F. McButter Pants said...

I WANT film at 11. That was a hoot! Kick that nurse's ASS.

Take good care of yourself!

Jessica said...

Mosquito's are the worst. They love me too. I've always thought it was because I have sweet blood..not that I've tasted it but that's the only explanation I can come up with.
Eating at night gives me nightmares. I guess it's a good thing because it keeps me from late night snacking!
I enjoyed reading your post! I hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Mosquitos love me!! I saw some OFF thing that you can clip to your belt - it was HUGE and made me crack up right there in the store! Ever see it? WAY bigger than my old pager ever was! haha Have fun playin tennis!! :)

carla said...

seriously ONLY YOU woman.

you have the best attitude and are so freakin resilient and tenacious.

(hmm. did I even spell those right?)

feel better---

Miz

Irene said...

sorry about the hiatal hernia those are very painful!!
You will be there before you know it!!
Irene

Amy said...

That hiatal hernia does not sound like any fun. But it does sound as if you are on the right track, keep up the good work and you will be in the 100s very soon.
Good luck with the tennis match!

Nathalie said...

About those mosquitos. . . if you don't already, try eating more garlic. I really think it helps keep them away plus with all the health benefits you get from it, it can't hurt.

Tina said...

Sorry to hear about the hernia. I hope the tennis went well and that the "sweat and massive BO" kept the mosquitos away. LOL

Ruth said...

Hope the mosquitoes don't order Chunky Monkey Mama Blood :)