I had to make another run to the mall today to return some tight fitting pants I had ordered from a store's catalog. We of the height impaired community know that decent plus size wear is not to be found out in the open of the actual store. While there, I mosied over to the Women's department/janitor's closet and tried on some pabulum-colored tee shirts for layering purposes.
As I said in a previous post, there is a disturbing new trend of incorporating spandex and latex into women's clothing such that it clings to the body. If any smart retailers of plus size clothing existed, they would know that this is precisely why we no longer shop in misses and are in the plus size department (such as it is) - because the clothes are too damn tight and show every roll we are so determined to cover up! So, instead of my usual size 1X, I had to go up to a 2X or 3X just so it wouldn't cling in all the wrong places. This meant that while I finally attained a decent fit across my bust without it looking like a suspension bridge, the shoulders drooped down around my elbows; like I'm not round-shouldered enough. This was ridiculous. I haven't gained any weight to have bounced me up a size and my ego is way too fragile to start buying up a size or two so I left the store buying nothing. Burn in hell, you weightist retailers! You won't get any of my money dressing me up like an organ grinder's monkey!
So here I sit in my sweat pants and jersey shirt. Another year without an updated wardrobe. I'm trying to dress better in an effort to boost my morale and stay positive but it's like treading quicksand - the harder I try to move through it, the more sucked down I feel. So I'll have to continue to dress down for a while longer; thus convincing others that I have completely let myself go. It won't be forever - it'll just feel like it.
1 comment:
I'm soo with you on this; the spandex business is SO unflattering!! What is wrong with these manufacturers?!
Post a Comment