Oh what a week it's already been!! As I'm sure you've already read, daily Cranky Fitness is coming to a close and so that means I must start looking for another job. I don't know how I'll be able to find as cool and funny a boss as Crabby or an easier commute....but it's time to move on. Luckily, she will be leaving the site up as a terrific resource with many helpful archived posts.
Yesterday was my root canal day. The pain had really cranked up over the weekend and the doctor prescribed some antibiotics. But imagine my surprise when I asked for some laughing gas (as this truly was no laughing matter) and she said she didn't have it. What?!! How am I going to get through this without flipping out/crying/barfing/screaming? Luckily, this is a Harvard Dental School grad who had some really potent novocaine so I didn't feel any pain - until it wore off. She didn't bill me for the finger indents on the arm of the chair or the teeth marks on her wrists. The Police were real nice about it too. They were already in the area.
The past week has been a haze of pain and bad decisions so I'm toying with the idea of taking a pass on my Friday weigh-in. No, I'll probably still do it but man, did things spin out of control these past few days. We'll see just how much come Friday. Pray for me.
8 comments:
OOH NO, I just found out about Cranky Fitness! Tragic! Appalling! Bummer! I have to go sulk now.
I'm sorry about the dental work. It's the worst.
I kind of game the scale a bit but usually I find it's better to suck it up and get on. Surprisingly often it's not as bad as I feared. Good luck!
Hopefully the worst is behind you with the dental issues - teeth pain sets my teeth on edge...wait, bad analogy...um, really hurts? Anyway, you have my sympathies!
I hate that CF is shutting down. Makes me very very sad.
Well wishes for Friday
HD just had a root canal Tues. He was a mess for a few hrs. I can sympathize. OW!
I'm so sorry about Cranky Fitness! I loved reading all the posts - very entertaining and informative at the same time!
I hope that the root canal fixes your tooth problem and that your pain will be minimal. Poor you.
Well, I'm glad you got your tooth fixed, police and all!
I'm sorry about Cranky Fitness - it will be missed!!
And I say, skip the weigh-in. Why add insult to injury? If you know you're gonna see a gain, then just work like a madwoman for a few days before getting on the scale. JMHO
Ow! I hope you're doing better by now.
New to your site. I feel your pain (not to quote Clinton) dental pain that is. Hope it is all better soon.
Post a Comment