Many thanks for your caring comments about my dental work. I had the temporary crown put on Monday and so far, so good. However, other far more important things have hit the fan in the midst of all my crying and complaining. In blogworld, our friend (and my ultimate cool boss) Crabby, from Cranky Fitness, is moving on to other challenges. Today was my last post and if you haven't had a chance to say goodbye, maybe you could take a minute today and wish her well.
In my personal world, such as it is, my dad has been in the hospital down in CT for the past week for what should have been a minor surgery. The procedure went fine but he contracted pneumonia for the second time in as many months and is unconscious and on a ventilator in the ICU. Unfortunately, my siblings, who are much closer to the hospital than I, have been completely uncommunicative - even failing to let me know about a nurse voice mail system one of them set up that leaves the "family" two updates every day. I found that out on my own quite by accident. I'm still trying to come to terms with this indifference and pettiness; especially when it literally is life and death. And yes, I have pleaded with my brother (the indifferent one) to keep me in the loop, which he fails to do over and over, because he seems to think that he would be taking sides against my sister (the petty one) if he were to do so. Or he just might not like me either. I hope I didn't just pass the exit for The High Road....
Anywho, watching the scale has been pushed way to the back of my "To Do" list but I have found other ways of coping than with food this time. And exercise is actually proving to be a very stress-relieving experience - now I totally get the allure of exercise. When it was something I HAD to do, I hated it. Now that's it's something I LIKE to do, I find it much easier to fit it into my day. Imagine that!
Thank you, Jules for the award - you're so kind. I will respond shortly. And Merry, to share that photo of Hugh with me? It's just - well - I'm feeling a little verklempt about it.
I might still be a little lax about posting, depending on how things go, so bear with me. Hope you're all having a great week.

7 comments:
OH Family! I can so relate! and why oh why does it come down to those things when it is about the more serious matters!
My thoughts are with you girlfriend!
Family. There will be another exit coming right up, I'm sure. What else can you say. They give you lots of chances to take the high road. Still, it's tough and I'm sorry.
feel better....I'm not going anywhere
OMG, FAMILY!!! We could all write a book. Sorry yours is being petty, especially at a time like this.
On the other hand, I would certainly invite Hugh into my golf group any day!!! FORE!!
So sorry to hear about your dad, and what a time for your brother and sister's true colors to come out. Don't worry if you miss the exit for the High Road; u-turns are allowed.
Will be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way, Gigi!
I'm so sorry that you are dealing with so much right now. I know that family issues so often make no sense. How petty that they won't keep you informed.
Take care - you are in my thoughts.
Sending positive thoughts to you and your family. Like you needed more strife in your life now!
And I agree, Crabby was the coolest boss you could ask for.
You're most welcome for the pic. Blogland needs more HJ pics.
Mind you, I only share /pictures/ of you-know-Hugh ;)
That photo, well, well, ...it did grab my attention! But, do people really golf wearing towels? Actually, I don't care. It only matters that Hugh does/did (at least in front of the camera).
We're kinda going through something similar w/my hub's mother's health. Out of the hospital but it's a day by day thing.
Take good care of yourself.
Post a Comment