Thursday, December 31, 2009

Lending A Hand If You Need One...


Mercy, how the time has gotten away from me these days! Both hubby and son have been home this week and we've been getting a lot of stuff done but my blog has woefully fallen to the wayside. Time to fix that.

There are so many great end-of-the-year blog posts this morning. Lots of reflection of the year past and plans for the new one ahead. As for me, I am none too thrilled about my lack of weight loss this year. It's true that I'm slightly lighter than last year at this time but I should have been able to do much better. The biggest obstacle I'm dealing with is stress - maybe to the point of it interfering with my weight loss as the stress hormone cortisol holds onto fat with both hands. Both parents are dealing with terminal illnesses and the family, which should be helping support each other, is instead disintegrating. I've at least come to accept what is versus what I wish it were - but it is still a very painful situation. The stress will only continue to increase so my method of coping has to keep pace.

My eating hasn't been great but it hasn't been awful either. I'm happy with the level of exercise I'm doing but more things have to come together for the whole thing to work. So here's my plan for 2010:

Try yoga to help cope with the constant stress.
Get back to food journaling.
Drink more water.
Try a personal trainer and get these workouts, well, personalized.
Lose 30 pounds.
Travel more.
Have more fun.
Post a picture of myself.

Okay, so that's not the most awe-inspiring post of all time but it suits my needs for now.

I'm so happy to have gotten to know so many of you this past year. You've made the journey far more inspiring, encouraging and fun than I ever would have thought possible. I applaud everyone who has accomplished what they sought out to do and offer my hand to anyone who still, like me, has farther to go.

Happy New Year, friends! I hope it's the best one ever.

5 comments:

Fat[free]Me said...

It has been great getting to know you too. If you need any help or encouragement just holler!

Thank you so much for your help over this past year, it has meant a lot to me.

Happy New Year!

Kari x

VRaz60 said...

Hey, I think your goal list is just dandy. At least you've given some thought to your goals. I'm still in the "Ponderation" mode.

I most heartily agree with your comments about our blogging friends. All have been encouraging and in many cases, inspirational. Including YOU, my dear.

(Cue music:) "Thank you for being a friend".....

Shelley said...

Yes to posting a picture of yourself!

Have you ever tried yoga? I haven't, but am a bit curious and can't wait to hear your take on it!

YES to getting a personal trainer - you will not regret it.

Happy New Year, Gigi!

Anonymous said...

Love your list! Here is to a great 2010!

Tina said...

Happy New Year Gigi. You have some great goals and I look forward to following along this year!