Monday, December 21, 2009

Could Be Worse...

....Could be raining.


Okay, so I got on the dreaded scale this weekend after being away for quite a long time. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but still...I'm up a bit from my recent lowest reading (+1.4) but considering all the stress and holiday goodies arriving daily, it could've been a lot worse.

So back I go to holding myself accountable (when will I ever learn?) and weekly weigh-ins. The numbers may not move as quickly as I'd like them to but at least I won't be pretending they're not even there.

16 comments:

VRaz60 said...

I just weighed myself after the holiday party scene ended. My scaled begged me to get off!! I'm glad you had only a minor blib. I'm preparing for more readings from the scale that are unpleasant, but still I'll keep plugging along. Gotta make progress eventually, right? Good for you, tho' on holding on. Way to go.

Cole Walter Mellon said...

Good for you, Gigi. The slight gain is a good indication that some of these healthy habits are sticking. There was a time that if I fell off the wagon for the weekend, the result would be a 10-lb swing.

Unknown said...

Things could always be worse! Good job on dealing with the scale and moving forward...heres to a great 2010! :)

Shelley said...

I've had those moments on the scale when I'm all "Is that all I gained" - followed by the sense that I dodged a bullet. Glad it's not too bad for you, all things (cookies!) considered.

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

1.4 isn't all that bad, especially when you felt that you really were going to see worse. I think that you truly are on your way in your mind, and that is just as important as those physical, tangible changes you are making.

Unknown said...

Hey, seriously - it could have been worse, but 1.4 is not bad!!!
You'll work that off in a week or less -
Happy Holidays!!

Sevenbeads said...

I bet in January there will be scads of people who would give anything if their gain during the holidays was so small. 2010, here we come!

Camevil said...

Good way to get the brain primed for the post-holiday crackdown. I remember this time last year, I was in total denial. Willful denial, but denial nonetheless.

The Merry said...

Good for you, stepping up to the plate (as it were) and facing the music. It's always better to know where you stand, even if the scale isn't playing nice.

Sorry for the plethora of metaphors. I do think it was a smart move to know your status. It's better than letting your imagination make you feel guilty.

carla said...

not bad at ALL woman.
I used to urge my clients to ONLY try and maintain during this season and (shh) we'd pretty much look at a 1-3 pound gain as maintaining :)

Miz.

Big Girl said...

Not bad at all...

Tina said...

I've been pretending the numbers aren't there too. Glad you didn't do too much damage.

Tammy said...

Just read your last few posts. Love this blog. Seems I'm coming across several people, who like me, need to get back at it. Glad I'm in such good company. The pic of the smiling dog is just awesome, by the way. :)

Tricia said...

Minimal damage, and now you can move on. :) Happy Holidays!

Larkspur said...

Shoot, that ain't nothin'. Deep thoughts weigh 1.4 pounds.

I am up 2 which is vexing but not exactly surprising!

K said...

The weekly weigh-in is so important for me to stay on point! Sometimes, I love it...other times it is my worst enemy!