I got this here Honest Scrap Award from my friend V and must list ten things about myself that most people don't know about me. Seeing as I lead perhaps the world's most boring existence I have really had to "scrap" for things but here goes:1) I used to perform stand-up comedy at open mic nights and even though I was scared out of my wits, it was one of the greatest thrills around (when they laughed, that is).
2) I am such a believer in the positive power of humor that I started my own non-profit to spread it around to those in need of it most (www.agoodlaughinc.org).
3) Even though I was raised by an uber-feminine mother, I prefer things a little more on the tomboy side: comfortable clothes and sneaks and a preference for sports as entertainment than say bridge or shopping.
4) I am scared to death of spiders.
5) While I'm a very sociable person, I am also a homebody and the clash of the two generally leaves me feeling anxious and unsettled most of the time.
6) My father was a state senator for 6 years and then made an unsuccessful bid for Congress from when I was in grade school up until high school and I spent much of that time wishing he wasn't. I also consider this the time when my sense of humor started developing as I would often be in awkward situations when his name came up and would use humor to deflect. I also become enraged when I see the media and others go after the children of ANY politician. The kids did not choose the public arena - their parents did.
7) I don't drink alcohol much but don't mind if others do - unless it starts getting sloppy and then I'm out of there.
8) I should listen to my gut more than I do. I have wound up in some very messy situations when I've ignored my instincts and the older I get, the messier the situations become.
9) At age 52 I'm still wondering what I'll be when I grow up.
10) I used to look to others when I needed to make a decision - I was always worried about making a mistake. These days I make them by myself all the time and no one's died yet so I must be doing okay.
I'm supposed to tap 10 others but there's just no way I could narrow it down to that. I hope you all do a "10 things" list - it's fun and everyone gets to know you a little bit better.
Happy Monday, everyone!
15 comments:
I love it! Thanks for sharing! I think you might have been my sister in a previous life...
Just saying.
Thank you for your post.
I love the power of positive humor. Checked out the website. Great stuff. I totally believe in that as well.
Glad I got to know you a little better! We would be gerat friends in the real world...lol
See, I knew I picked the right person for the "tell all". I do feel we could be great friends. Not only in the blogosphere, but in real life. Have any plans to move to Iowa? :)
I wish I could have seen you doing stand up - you have made me laugh so hard just READING you posts, I can only imagine I'd probably pee my pants seeing you in person! Stand up, that is. I hope I wouldn't pee my pants if I met you for coffee. Although some days? You never know.
Your number 5 is me to the tee!
Wow, I'm near 40 and still wondering what I'm going to be when I grow up! Looks like I've got a little more time. Thanks for the reassurance (and the humor too).
Thanks for sharing... interesting stuff.
How fun to find out all these interesting things about you!
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for sharing!! It's wonderful you are spreading the laughter too. I know that laughing with my husband and friends everyday is what keeps me sane.
Thanks for sharing so much about yourself - I love that about that award. I think I'm a bit of a homebody, too, but I love people, so I totally get it.
Great list! I love that you did stand-up - I think that takes a whole lot of guts!
And I am deathly afraid of spiders, too!!!
Love the list! And if you figure out #9, let me know, ok? I'm still struggling with this one as well.
I too love number nine.
my answer is NEVER and, as long as Im blogging, Im confident NEVER shall never arrive.
xo xo,
Miz.
Yes, I often feel I'm holding down the fort pretty well until the real grownups show up.
Interesting list.
I used to do communications work for campaigns. Candidates themselves may have the tough skin needed to run for office but family members should be kept off limits. No exceptions.
Yep, too on the spider hating thing -- even thinking about spiders gives me a stomachache.
Post a Comment