
This was supposed to be the week that I caught up on everything as there were no appointments or travel on the calendar at all - just wide open spaces of time and possibilities. Ha! So much for the best laid plans.
The teen has been up the past two nights with what I think is reflux coughing fits that have been lasting until 2 am so he hasn't been to school. Yesterday I waited 1 1/2 hours to get a live person on the peditrician's phone only to be told that there were NO more appointments available for that day - and it was only 10:15. Combine it with the fact that our next door neighbors have been remodeling their home since May and have the slowest and loudest contractors in recorded history (waking up to heavy equipment moving, nail guns, table saws and leaf blowers promptly at 7 am) and I am working on my last nerve. Today is the icing on this crumbcake as I am meeting my husband's co-workers for the first time since our wedding 18 years ago for his 30th anniversary on the job. I think it's safe to say I won't be the life of the party.
Exercise, which has powered me through many a stressful time, is non-existant as the only thing left to me here are weights and my elbow is still hurting so that's out. Luckily there are no chocolates, ice cream or guns in the house so I should be safe until this blows over.
Hopefully the doctor will have some solutions and the teen will be back at school shortly. I'll try to catch up with you all when possible. Happy Humpday!
(P.S. I wouldn't look that good being dragged to Heaven.)
9 comments:
Ooh, work parties! Whee! One of the comforts of my DH launching out on his own was no more work parties.
Yeah...you know when you're grateful that there aren't any guns in the house, it's a stressful time! Hang in there, Gigi...hope you can find something to relieve your stress. And hope the kiddo gets better soon!
Yikes! I hope that your teen feels better soon. That's so hard when they are up in the night. You think once they get older that passes, but it totally doesn't!
Our neighbors got two roosters not too long ago. DRIVE US CRAZY with the cock-a-doodling all day long!!
I wouldn't look that good being dragged anywhere, let alone hell. Hope your day gets better!
Sounds like a bit of hell to me. Husband's work parties... augh. Constuction noises, augh. Sick kids, aguh.
Hang in there and if you're going to the store, better to buy chocolate or ice cream rather than a gun.
Ugh hang in there Gigi!!!
Yikes, that doesn't sound too much fun. Hang in there!!!
did the teen sleep at all last night?
YOU?
I feel for you and am woman enough to admit I didnt see this part of mamahood (the constant lack of sleep) coming.
xo xo,
Miz.
Oh lucky you! Is a little peace and quiet too much to ask? Hope you managed to salvage some of the week,and that the teen is feeling better and the work thingy went ok.
I don' know about you, but "wide open spaces" on the calendar just seem like an invitation to the universe to f#ck with us.
Post a Comment