Thursday, December 24, 2009

Giving Yourself the Gift of Blogs

Merry, Merry Christmas!



As the Christmas season is speeding towards a close and you may find yourself scrambling for last minute gifts at your local gas station or drug store, might I propose a number of gifts I've enjoyed all year that can be found right at the end of your fingertips on your keyboard.

For true inspiration and never-say-die spirit, look up my friends Shelley, Kari and Diane. There is hope and wisdom and a way back to a sane life with their words and actions. They've been there, and are doing that so each one of their stories is something you can completely relate to.

For a good laugh, there are my co-blogging friends Crabby and Jo whom I have the honor of joining at Cranky Fitness. And what list would be complete without Jack Sh*t when it comes to laughing out loud while providing lots of motivation at the same time. And Camevil's got just about the sharpest wit of all as she pursues her dream career of first zombie lawyer - and losing maintaining weight. You just know there's going to be a roast beast at her dinner table this holiday season.

For downright smarts about fitness and motivation (and just about the nicest person around) there's MizFit. Miz has teamed up with another of our weight loss blog friends, Shauna the Amazing Diet Girl, for some terrific pod casts as Two Fit Chicks and a Microphone.

And while the Two Fit Chicks cover the workouts, my friend TJ is a constant source of terrific and creative light eating. I wish the girl would write her own light cookbook. I'd be first in line. She's also another inspiring story in terms of weight loss.

Just about everyone in our little blog neighborhood is a gift so take a nice long tour and be sure to stop in and say hello.

And a very Merry Christmas to those of you celebrating it! And a very happy day off to the rest of you. I hope 2010 brings us closer to our goals. Enjoy!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Your the best Gigi! :) Thanks for the nice shout out! :) MERRY CHRISTMAS! I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday! :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas GiGi! I absolutely love your posts on Cranky Fitness! I will check out some of the others. Thank you for the gift of more blogs!

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

You are wonderful! I appreciate you mentioning me in your post. I hope you and your family have the best Christmas ever!

Shelley said...

Merry Christmas Gigi - you are such a sweet friend and thank you so much for what you said!!!

Tricia said...

Merry Christmas!

Crabby McSlacker said...

What a great list! So many of my favorite bloggers on here.

Hope you had a wonderful, wonderful Christmas!

carla said...

late to the soiree BUT am glad I am as it means I was presentpresent with my fam this weekend.

(uh the inlaws are here now. Im ready to be a little less present)

Love the post.
Love that you are now Cranky.
Lovelovelove.

VRaz60 said...

Happy New Year!! I was too late for a Christmas Greeting, so here's to a wonderful 2010!!