Thank you, all, for the terrific suggestions! You've all given me a second wind with your support! As I'm a lousy swimmer and still can't get to the place I need to be to walk freely in a bathing suit for water workouts, I am still walking about 40 minutes a day and will increase that by 10 minutes to see if that makes some difference. When I return to the gym (the weather's just been too nice not to walk outdoors) I will use the weights on the lower half only.
I think my biggest focus needs to be on my food. While I think I'm being careful, I have let the journaling fall by the wayside so I'm sure a lot of stuff is sneaking in where it shouldn't. I also need to lay off the salt and drink more water. The emotional component of my eating is on the rise as both of my parents are very, very sick and it's almost some primal force that's pushing me to my old comfort habit of eating junk. I know, I know - we all have something to deal with but now that I've identified the cause I can be more cautious in those situations.
I hope you all have a great holiday weekend! And thanks again for your help.
9 comments:
So glad to hear you got a second wind! Sorry to hear about your parents though. I will keep them in my thoughts!
Regarding your comment, I LOVE Andy Murray but my money is definitely on Roddick. They are amazing to watch! In Scottish rhyming slag (which is really weird anyway) a Ruby Murray is slang for a Curry. I asked my husband if that would change to an Andy Murray now that he's such a star over there. He thinks it probably will. Sorry for the long comment. Had to give you some useless info :)
Sorry I missed your post yesterday - Thursdays can be so busy at work that I actually have to WORK...imagine that!!!
While exercising is important to weight loss, really, your food intake is the most crucial. I'm glad to see that you're going to put some focus back on that - I bet you will see a difference. Hang in there, Gigi - I hope your elbow heals soon!
That is great news Gigi!
It is so hard dealing with sick parents. It takes LOTS of energy and strength.
Hope you have a good weekend!
You know, Gigi, I feel your frustration all too well. So many times I've been where you are, and am in a plateau again myself. But I'm confident you will succeed because your head is in the right place. You're just looking for tweaks, which are needed occasionally to keep the weight loss on track.
Another great blogger...Lucrecia, I believe...reminded us that this is not a race. So true. We just need to go at our own pace, trusting that our goals will happen so long as we're patient and attentive to our needs.
Have a rockin' weekend!
I’m sorry to hear about both of your parents being ill, Gigi. It’s terribly hard for many of us to handle our eating well in really stressful situations like that. I wish you well and I hope your parents recover their health.
It does sound like you’re making some wise choices that will help break your stall and get those pounds coming off again. :-)
--Susan
It's hard to be eating healthy, let alone working out when the ones you love are not well. I'm sorry to hear both your parents are sick, I know when my son was injured and suffering a lot of pain for several months, I ended up gaining some of the weight that I lost.
Anyway, it's good to hear that your exercising still! Exercise will definitely alleviate the stress of caring for your parents and giving you the energy you need.
I hate to hear that your parents are both so sick Gigi. I feel my heart- beat get erratic when I think of how that time will play out with my own parents.
When I take a close look at the numbers, it does become obvious that food intake can easily sabotage any exercise efforts. I am trying to get back to logging my intake also.
I'm with Shelley, I bet you will start to see some changes very soon. Don't be afraid of being successful--you truly do deserve it!
Being careful with food is probably one of the hardest things I will do while dealing with major stressors (like your parents being sick; SO sorry that is happening). You can do it though, so hang in there. Getting back into writing down everything you eat sounds like it should make a huge difference!
hope it was a great weekend there.
cant believe it's already tuesday.
(cant believe my MIL is here till thursday :))
Post a Comment