I finally broke through the dreaded plateau I've been in for the past few months or so - but not by much. I'd been between 202 and 204 (actual lowest was 202.4) and was really struggling mentally, like when is this going to pay off and why is my "progress" so glacial? Over the weekend I finally weighed in at 201.2 - a full 1.2 pounds lower than my recent lowest. Whew! And I didn't even have a sausage, onion and mushroom pizza to celebrate (not that I was even thinking about it, right?!).
So okay, now that I'm not obsessing about never weighing less than 202.4 in my lifetime, I've had time to focus in on my inner bitch and would love your input about the latest family antics. My husband's neice is getting married in a few weekends even though she already eloped but this is the party for the families. The wedding has been in the works for months now and while both families (as well as the bride and groom) have plenty of money between them, my husband's sister emailed him this morning that they "weren't able to find a photographer" and would he do it? He already said yes - how could he say no? They are having a very modest reception back at her house (to which the teen wasn't first invited) and I think she's just trying to cheese out on paying a professional - so now hubby is going to be running around all day snapping pictures instead of enjoying himself as a guest. Is it just me or does this strike anyone else as incredibly cheesy?
22 comments:
Major congrats on the loss. That's a nice chunk 'o poundage to lose. You're so close to "onederland."
Weddings bring out the absolute worst behavior in the participants. Feel your pain.
Thats a great loss! You are getting closer and closer to ONEDERLAND!!! WHOOOHOOOOO!!!
Every milestone is to be celebrated. I like "can't find a photographer."
I bet. Your husband is a good sport.
Congrats on your loss!!
Can you believe how badly behaved some wedding people can be? Just be sure you remember and cash in on the favor sometime.
First, congrats on the loss.
Cheesy, yes. The couple has already eloped, saying to all of you..."We really don't want anyone around helping us celebrate"...but wait, "Maybe we do want a celebration because we might get another gift." I think your husband was put in a difficult situation, and he's a real sport for helping out. I don't honestly think they cared as much about the money as they did about taking the easy way out. Asking friends and relatives saves them having to sit down and make calls to photographers. One call...problem solved. And yes, I tend to be a cynic most of the time. :)
Wonderful on the loss! Onto the 100's!!
Yes, they should spring for a photographer, or pay your hubby!!
I'm in the midst of a family wedding myself and I think Camevil got it right when she said "weddings bring out the absolute worst behavior". True.
congrats on your WL.
I wonder if maybe your husband can call her back and say "Hey, I found someone. Here is their contact info!" So that the ball is back in their court and not in your husband's.
Yay on breaking the plateau!
Congrats on the loss..keep going!
As for the photography, may I suggest some disposable cameras! :> (Oh, your husband can take a few pictures for an hour or so..and then say, "we just thought it would be fun for everyone to join in the fun and take their own shots.") I also recommend really little kids taking pictures...those always turn out the best...knee level is awesome. PS..be sure your husband just turns over the pictures so he's not the one printing them out for them and making a book! Your gift is his time and that's it!
I am so happy for you, Gigi - congratulations on breaking the plateau and flirting with the 100's!!!
As for the photography, ugh. What an awkward situation. Make sure he burns the images to a CD like, that night, and gives it to the bride so he's done with her...and I agree, this should be your wedding gift!
OMG, people are funny. Good stuff. Congrats on the loss!
CONGRATS on the breakthrough!!! Such an inspiration you are!!! Way to keep pushing through the plateau.
I think it was beyond "cheesy" that your husband was put in that position. It's almost as if they *planned* on not booking a professional photographer...hmmm.
Kudos for being kind.
Congrats on breaking that plateau, Gigi! That must have been so incredibly frustrating. I hope this is a sign of lots of new lows to come.
And yes, I think it's incredibly cheeky that they asked your hubby to take pictures for free. I would tell him not to sweat it too much, have a good time and whatever pics he gets, he gets!
Way to go Gigi!! And I missed the last post, but double way to go on passing up the bagel!!
My husband refuses to do event pictures anymore, for the reason you stated. I don't think people realize how difficult it is, or they just don't think it through. But with so many people having cameras these days, maybe they could have several people take pics so the burden isn't solely on hubby.
I agree... that's pretty cheesy. Even if you want to be lazy you ask friends of friends or coworkers to take photos at your wedding not your family and friends.
Congrats on the loss!
***YAY FOR PLATEAU BUSTAGE***
love,
A woman who eloped so she had no thoughts on formal weddings what so ever. you know, except avoiding at all costs :)
Thanks for the note on my blog. Very kind of you.
This is totally off-topic, but I landed on your profile, (accidental--I'm not stalking you!!! haha!) and I saw that Jane Austen is your favorite author.
Mine too! I love her! Anyway. That made my day.
Happy Tuesday.
Congratulations on the loss!! I'm so happy for you.
Weddings....ech..actually, I avoid them. I like the idea of disposable cameras. Also, a good point about Hubby handing everything over at the end of the shin-dig.
Yay You! I'm so happy for you, I know how hard those plateaus are to break. Great job!
Congrats on busting through that plateau!! Someone did that photography thing to me recently. It was supposed to be "taking a few pictures while everyone is getting ready since you were a photography minor". Turned into an all day thing and I was even sweating. Worst part was it was a wedding in Scotland and it was my first full day there and I had some serious jetlag.
Congrats on busting through the plateau!
And gosh, I imagine in this economy it would be really, really hard to find a paid professional photographer who could use the extra money! (NOT).
Love the suggestions of limiting the time spent shooting and giving the photos as a wedding present.
Hope you have a great time anyway!
Well done on breaking the plateau! Awesome!
Post a Comment