
I've always been of the opinion that if you're going to screw up, make sure you go big. And big I did at the little office party on Wednesday night at a very swanky steakhouse. Ninety percent of the conversation revolved around work but that was to be expected so I just played Tammy Wynette for the night. However, the food was fantastic and so I made sure I tried one of each: lobster crabcakes for an appetizer (the greatest combination of two foods since mac & cheese and Ben & Jerry), filet mignon with mashed potatoes that must have been made with lots of cream and butter, and then I split a seasonal fruit cheesecake with hubby. Notice how I threw in the phrase "seasonal fruit" to 1) make it sound a little healthier and 2) distract you from the "cheesecake" that followed it. I ate it all and didn't regret a single bite. It has been ages since we've been to a restaurant where the wait staff weren't wearing hair nets and Clearisil - AND it was being paid for by the company. It would've been a sin to feel bad about that.
The teen is still down for the count. The doctor thinks it's post-nasal drip that's irritating his vocal chords, resulting in all the coughing. But since the introduction of a few new drugs on Wednesday, the coughing is still horrendous and lasts well into the wee hours of the morning. I have a call into him this morning in hopes of some new enlightened treatment he has up his sleeve. Wish us luck.
I hope you all have a great weekend!
12 comments:
There are times...and that meal was definitely one of them, when you have to toss the diet out the window and simply ENJOY the great food - I'm glad you did!
You're a champ for suffering through such an evil dining experience. Thanks for taking one for the team!
Definitely worth it! Sounds amazing and glad you enjoyed it. Hope you have a great weekend!!
Glad you enjoyed your meal. I have a couple of steaks in the freezer and when I get hungry for one, I am going to eat the whole thing! Have a good weekend.
I'm gonna start adding the term "seasonal fruit" to the front of all my indulges too. It's the ol' bait and switch! Time for my seasonal fruit snickers bar.
Wow,yum.
Hope the teen mends soon.
Good for you that you don't feel guilty... the important thing isn't being perfect all the time it's being good most of the time.
thought I'd peek at your blog...mixed feelings about it, on the one hand, yum!! but I'm supposed to only crave rice cakes and celery... but yum.. right?!
Yummy looking Cheesecake there lady!
I know it was hard to have all that yummy food, but someone had to do it!
That meal definitely sounds worth the calories!
I think I just got drool all over the keyboard.
Sounds like a lovely meal - worth every calorie, sigh.
Sorry about the tween, hope that cough goes soon.
Post a Comment