It's Not What You're Eating - It's What's Eating You. My View From the Buffet Table.
Saturday, April 28, 2012
"You Had Me At .Blogspot"
Hello, fellow bloggers! I'm back! I couldn't stay away. And just when you thought it was safe to turn on your computers and all those other electronic thing-a-ma-jiggies that have sprouted up in the two years since my last post that I still don't know how to operate. Actually, it took me 6 tries before I was able to access my blog. I think I'm beginning to turn into my parents as I recall their reluctance at installing caller ID.
So what's happened in the past two years? I won't bore you with the details but there's been extensive family drama, most of which was resolved yesterday as the Teen was accepted into a program we have all been praying for. Also, I have put back all the weight I lost, plus some. Shortly after I stopped blogging in 2010, I developed a nasty case of Achilles tendonitis from playing tennis which sidelined me for months while going through physical therapy. However, I did notice that I had no such affliction in my fingers, hands or elbows which helped helped ease my distress by loading food into my mouth. Where I once was at the gates of Onederland, I now find myself in Oprah territory (and I love me some Oprah so don't take that the wrong way - I'm just saying we're probably sharing the same size, altho regrettably, not the same income).
Blogging for me this time around is going to be a little different. I've figured out that the whole weight loss deal for me is about 90% mental and the other half physical (thank you, Yogi Berra) and I have been wallowing a little too much at the pity trough. So my goal here is to start looking on the brighter side of life through examples taken from every day observations. Sounds like a set-up for "Punk'd", doesn't it? And since I'm so fond of lists, I'll be numbering my posts, in no particular order of importance. I doubt I'll be able to post every day but I aim for at least one or two a week (don't wear yourself out, Mama!). I will also try to keep up with my old blogging buddies too. See you Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Since i liked your posts when you were co-blogging with Crabby, i'm glad you are back and look forward to reading more.
Good luck with the weight loss -- i'm sure you can do it, and make it stick.
I was SO FREAKING HAPPY to see your blog pop up in my reader today!!! Welcome back, Gigi!
Sorry about the family drama - ugh, that can really weigh on you in more ways than one. My best to the Teen - hope this program will be everything you all hope for. And yerk to the tennis injury, but hurrah for getting back to blogging and healthy living!
P.S. Got your email, tried to respond, and got an error. WTF? It's like we are not destined to communicate! My blog comments aren't filtered, but you do have to be registered (i.e. no anonymous comments). Were you logged in?
Welcome back!!! I, too, took a long hiatus from blogging and just began posting again last week. Best of luck to you, and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress! :)
Lauren
firstandfitmost.blogspot.com
I'm sorry that you have had struggles in your life and that you have had some regain - but so GLAD that you have started blogging again!! So glad to see you - you can do this!
WELCOME HOME.
errr back.
welcome.
xo
MizFit
Post a Comment