
Ah, yes - I love a little Monty Python in the morning.
I've been hiding under various rocks this past week trying to get my head in a good place. I've gotten much better at my food journaling and have even gotten to a new low with my weight - down another pound and just this close to onederland. And I am fighting as hard as I can against the mindset that is blocking me from doing better. I have been bumping up against this next goal weight like a demented moth against a screen door and am sick of this self-sabotaging cycle I'm stuck in. It's like I haven't given myself "permission" to continue losing weight. Does that make sense to anybody else? To help get past this I have been weighing myself a lot less in hopes that the next time I weigh in I will have broken through that barrier. My thinking is that if I'm not putting it in front of me every single day I won't be putting unnecessary pressure on myself and might just succeed. There is such a thing as over-thinking a situation and letting it get under your skin.
I'll try to update more often but it all depends on how I'm progressing. In the meantime, today and tomorrow I'm posting at Cranky Fitness. I'm there every Thursday and every other Friday so stop by and say hello.
5 comments:
The brain can definitely be the trojan horse in this game. Keep going zombie for a few days. We all can't be "in it" constantly.
When all else fails, watch Life of Brian.
When it comes to getting back in the groove, I've found it works sometimes to "fake it 'til you make it." Go through the motions until you really are into it.
Glad you are not weighing every day - it's hard enough when you are so close to a milestone...and then to have that scale not give you the number that you want...ugh! But you are doing what you need to do and will hit it soon - hang in there, Gigi!
Forget about the scale and focus on something else like a health or fitness goal. Maybe the weight loss will follow. (very on topic with todays post on my blog)
Great job on Cranky Fitness!
I'm from MA too! Where are you?
Post a Comment