Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Talk is Cheap - Time for Action

I've been "laying the foundation" (mentally) in preparation of this latest weight loss effort.  I've been trying to get my head in the right place - although it still seems miles from here - but at least I'm still working on what I consider to be my biggest stumbling block.

But I've also decided that I need to add some hard facts to this equation, like what exactly am I eating day-to-day.  Oh yeah - that.  So for the next few weeks I'm going to track the amount of calories I'm taking in just to finally face up to the fact that it's probably a whole lot more than I really need.  I'm going to be as objective as possible about it too - I won't get caught up in the whole shame/berate/loathing mode.  I just want to see what needs fixing in the food department.

Probably not such great timing (I am FAMOUS for my bad timing) as we're going on vacation Saturday for a week at the beach.  I can't wait!  We'll have our own kitchen so I'll be able to track most of the calories I'll be eating.  Plus, I expect to do A LOT of walking on the beach - is there anything better?!

So that's the plan for now.  I realize I need to keep it in front of me and be consistent if I'm going to be successful.  Will report back soon.

3 comments:

messymimi said...

Good luck, and bon voyage!

Shelley said...

Sounds like a great plan, and you may find some easy fixes when you track everything.

Have a wonderful vacation!

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

Good solid planning is always a good idea! I think tracking your food is such a big part of understanding where your calories are coming from and where you can make improvements and adjustments! I hope you have a great vacation!