Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Back Among the Living

My Dad
April 18, 2010

It's been a sad time around here. My Dad passed away last Sunday. He had many chronic conditions and had dodged many bullets up to this point so we fully expected when he entered the hospital 2 1/2 months ago for surgery that he'd wind up back home again. The surgery went well but he contracted pneumonia and never regained consciousness. He was such a self-assured person - the kind you think would live forever - but everyone has their time and so did he.

He was quite a big man about town, which accounts for the media coverage at the funeral. I'm still trying to process it all - he had such an enormous impact on my life - some good, some bad. I don't know when I'll be back in the loop with you all again. Blogging has dropped a bit on my priority list for now as there are suddenly more pressing issues that need sorting out.

Hope you're all happy and well and succeeding with your plans. I hope to catch up with you soon.

Me and the Teen

17 comments:

Certifiably Fit said...

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Hollie said...

Oh, GiGi... I am so sorry for your loss.

Jules said...

I have been thinking a lot about you this past week. Sorry about your loss. Thank you for checking in...especially during your difficult time

Big Girl said...

Thinking of you.

Shelley said...

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry.

Julia said...

Sorry to hear about your loss - my thoughts and prayers are with you.

messymimi said...

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your father.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Susans Journey To Stay Fit said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your father.

F. McButter Pants said...

The picture makes me cry. What a sweet boy.

Remeber, "He' knows you and "He" loves you. You got my heart.

Camevil said...

So sorry. Lost my dad 3 years ago and still sorting things out. They're never really gone, and you'll be the better, ever-evolving person as you revisit and re-revisit you and your relationship with him. I don't think the process will ever stop.

Unknown said...

Oh Gigi, I'm so, so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss Gigi. xoxo :(

carla said...

Im so so sorry.

Carla

Larkspur said...

That is an incredibly dear picture of you and your boy.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I've missed reading you, looking forward to when you can get back in the saddle.

Elaine said...

So sorry for your loss.

Hotch Potchery said...

I'm so sorry.

rubina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.